Privacy Statement and Cookies
Privacy Statement YUN N.V.
This Privacy Statement is used by YUN N.V., hereinafter referred to as YUN.
Through the YUN websites www.yun.be and www.yun.nl privacy-sensitive data are processed. These data are called personal data. We believe that careful handling of personal data is of great importance. This is why personal data are carefully processed and protected by us. Our employees and any third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any modifications of and/or changes to the website may lead to changes in this privacy statement.
When processing these data we comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act. That means, for instance, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data, which is done by way of this privacy statement;
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only those personal data that are necessary for the purposes laid down;
- will first ask your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this of third parties processing personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to request that your personal data are inspected, corrected or deleted.
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and use, and for what purpose. We recommend that you carefully read this statement.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 22 May 2018.
Use of personal data
When you use our website, you lerave certain data behind and these data can be personal data. Personal data are collected by us in various ways. For example, when you order items via our website, we ask for some personal data so that we can complete the order.
You can also create an account on our website in order to gain insight into your orders and maintain a wish list. Personal data is also collected when you look at our website using various devices, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer, etc.
And if you contact us with questions and/or complaints by mail, email or phone we also collect data. In the latter case, we will contact you to deal with your request or complaint. Finally, it is possible that we collect data from you through contests and other promotions that you have taken part in, or when you have taken part in a market or customer survey.
Data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we use only your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we process the following data from you (this also depends on the data you have entered, for example, by placing an order, participating in contests or creating an account):
- surname and first name(s);
- (invoicing) address;
- date of birth;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- technical data of the devices that you use (for example, from your smartphone/laptop/tablet or a kiosk in a shop), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used;
- your surfing behaviour on the website, including your mouse and click behaviour, and the duration and time of your visit to our website;
- payment details;
- purchase history; and
- login details of your account.
The above data will be used for the following purposes:
- To offer you the possibility to order items via our website, and to use all the features and services on the website.
- To process your order and to inform you about the progress of your order.
- To communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and/or post.
- To offer you personalised advertisements and content on the YUN website and third party websites on the basis of your interests and your (online) purchase history;
- To send you personalised newsletters based on your interests and your (online) purchase history (see also the heading ‘Profiling’);
- To process your data for a possible participation in contests and other promotions, so that we can reach you when you’ve won;
- To answer your questions or deal with your complaints via social media, email, post or telephone;
- To improve (at a personal level) our website, product range and services, both in store and online, which we do on the basis of your preferences, market and customer surveys, and the use of our website by visitors;
YUN collects and processes these personal data, provided by the visitor/customer when entering into an agreement, providing consent or a legitimate interest.
Providing these personal data for the purposes of a purchase is mandatory and is a necessary condition in order to conclude an agreement with YUN. When these data are not provided, YUN may not be able to fulfil the obligations we have on the basis of your agreement or we may not be able to enable you to fulfil your own obligations.
Your data will be kept for up to seven years after making a purchase for analytical and commercial purposes, such as suggestions for a repeat purchase.
Providing data to third parties
In certain cases, if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, YUN will transfer personal data to third parties.
- Mail order company, to deliver your order;
- Hosting party of the website, including the developer;
- Payment provider, to provide payments and refunds;
- Review partner, to invite customers to review a product they have purchased.
We will not provide the data you have provided to other parties, if you have not given us permission to do so, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police requests data in the context of a fraud investigation. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
In principle, YUN does not transfer Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area or to international organisations, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purchase agreement. If this should happen for any other reason, YUN will determine whether this regards an adequacy decision within the meaning of the applicable rules, and if it is not such a decision, personal data will only be transferred if there are appropriate or suitable safeguards. In cases where we transfer personal data, you may request a copy of these documents via: email@example.com
If you have given your consent, we can send you a newsletter by email. Each communication through this channel will include an opt-out option in the event you are not interested in our newsletter. You can also opt-out by informing our customer service.
We combine your personal data from a variety of sources in order to provide you with the best online shopping experience. We do this by linking various data of yours, such as your account details, your purchase history, but also your surfing behaviour on our website on various devices, such as your computer, smartphone or tablet. It is also possible that we complement or optimise your data with data drawn from public sources, such as the land registry or resources for which you have given permission for the intended use by YUN. We do this only if this is legally allowed.
By combining your data from various sources, we are able to show personalised offers and content on our website or websites of third parties that match your interests and purchase history. We can also personalise our online brochure and newsletter in this way for you, so that we can provide you with better and more targeted offers.
If you want to use all the functionalities on our website, you need to accept our cookies. During your first visit, you will see a window that allows you to accept cookies. You can do this by closing the message or by continuing on our website.
Opting out of cookies
Would you like to delete our cookies or would you like to prevent cookies at all on your computer? Read this to find out how you can disable cookies in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Personal data security
YUN attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. On the basis of legislation, we are also obliged to ensure adequate protection of your personal data. That is why we have taken the following appropriate technical and organisational measures, when and where appropriate, to protect your personal data:
- Personal data are anonymised and data carriers are encrypted;
- We use an adequate password policy;
- We have set authorisations;
- Personal data are stored on servers of YUN or are hosted at suppliers under adequate security measures, with whom YUN has entered into a processing agreement;
- The processing of personal data must be recorded in a register;
- We are able to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services at all times;
- We have set up a procedure to test, assess and evaluate at appropriate intervals, the effectiveness of the protection measures adopted;
- We are able to temporarily restore the availability of and access to personal data during a physical or technical incident;
YUN uses certified SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer – Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and for all contact forms.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. We therefore recommend that you consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Inspection and correction of your data
If you have provided personal data to us, you can change these at any time in your account. You can log in to your account at www.yun.be. You can also contact our YUN customer service if you wish to inspect the data YUN has registered and to delete or correct if the data are incorrect or incomplete.
When you contact us, you will receive a response within one week.